Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
March 28, 2017
IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Mar. 27 (22:45)

Many PFFUI bills acted on today in the Indiana General Assembly
IAFF Local 4416
Brother McKenrick's Funeral Information
Erie Firefighters Local 293
Brother McKenrick's Funeral Information
Pennsylvania Professional Fire Fighters Association
Special Event - Firefighter / Police Appreciation Night at the Englewood Event Center
IAFF Local 2546
Leadership Forum Tomorrow
Newport News Firefighter's Association
Michael Roberts, L-3160 Retirement Party
Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire
 
     
Fire at Trinity Village Apartments
Updated On: Nov 30, 2009

Kitchen fire drives residents from Brockton apartment building


advertisement
ENTERPRISE STAFF WRITER
Posted Aug 28, 2009 @ 03:28 PM

BROCKTON —

Elderly and disabled residents of building C at Trinity Village were driven to the street when a fire broke out in the kitchen of a second-floor unit Friday.

Firefighters found heavy smoke and then heavy fire when they answered the 12:19 p.m. call, according to Lt. Edward Williams of fire prevention.

He said the elderly resident thought she had turned the stove off but had actually turned it higher, causing the fire.

At least two people were taken to the hospital because they needed electricity to support medical devices, Williams said. Power to the building was temporarily turned off.

Residents were allowed to return to all but three apartments. Management is relocating those three, said Williams.

Trinity Village is composed of several buildings, offering housing for the elderly and disabled. It is privately owned.


Brockton Firefighters Local 144
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

204429 hits since Jan 24, 2006
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image