Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
May 29, 2017
IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: May. 28 (22:45)

LODD Kim West, Nashville Local 140
IAFF 14th District
Grilling Safety
IAFF Local 902
Memorial Day 2017
IAFF Local 902
Memorial Day
IAFF Local 3472
Safety Reminder from MPFFU
IAFF Local 3472
Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
IAFF Local 3472
 
     
33 Left Homeless at Warren Avenue Fire
Updated On: Dec 10, 2009

Fire blamed on children jumping on mattress

By Associated Press
Friday, November 27, 2009 -

BROCKTON, — Fire officials say a fire the struck two Brockton triple-deckers and left 33 residents homeless was started by children jumping on a bed.

Brockton Fire Lieutenant Edward Williams said Friday that the Thursday night fire was ignited when the children bounced up and down on two mattresses that were against a wall where a cell phone charger was plugged. He said the back-and-forth motion of the mattresses abraded a transformer for a cell phone charger which caused sparks or a short circuit.

Williams said the fire flared up just after 8 p.m. Thursday, causing $150,000 in damages to one building and $50,000 to a nearby apartment building.

Two firefighters suffered puncture wounds and cuts, but neither was hospitalized.

No other injuries were reported.

 

Click Here for Fire Photos


Brockton Firefighters Local 144
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

211993 hits since Jan 24, 2006
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image