Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
September 25, 2017
IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Sep. 25 (10:45)

Pink T Shirts
Turlock Professional Firefighters
Hurricane Irma Survey
IAFF 1826
Commissioner Josh Blake Spends Day as Lake County Firefighter
IAFF Local 3990
Puerto Rico MDA
IAFF Local 51
Boston Firefighters Local 718 members at Mayor Walsh Stand out Neponset Circle.
Boston Fire Fighters
Local 21 Regrets To Announce The Passing Of Retired Deputy Chief Pete Pream
IAFF Local 21
 
     
33 Left Homeless at Warren Avenue Fire
Updated On: Dec 10, 2009

Fire blamed on children jumping on mattress

By Associated Press
Friday, November 27, 2009 -

BROCKTON, — Fire officials say a fire the struck two Brockton triple-deckers and left 33 residents homeless was started by children jumping on a bed.

Brockton Fire Lieutenant Edward Williams said Friday that the Thursday night fire was ignited when the children bounced up and down on two mattresses that were against a wall where a cell phone charger was plugged. He said the back-and-forth motion of the mattresses abraded a transformer for a cell phone charger which caused sparks or a short circuit.

Williams said the fire flared up just after 8 p.m. Thursday, causing $150,000 in damages to one building and $50,000 to a nearby apartment building.

Two firefighters suffered puncture wounds and cuts, but neither was hospitalized.

No other injuries were reported.

 

Click Here for Fire Photos


Brockton Firefighters Local 144
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

227203 hits since Jan 24, 2006
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image