Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
September 25, 2017
IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Sep. 25 (10:45)

Pink T Shirts
Turlock Professional Firefighters
Hurricane Irma Survey
IAFF 1826
Commissioner Josh Blake Spends Day as Lake County Firefighter
IAFF Local 3990
Puerto Rico MDA
IAFF Local 51
Boston Firefighters Local 718 members at Mayor Walsh Stand out Neponset Circle.
Boston Fire Fighters
Local 21 Regrets To Announce The Passing Of Retired Deputy Chief Pete Pream
IAFF Local 21
 
     
Silver Road Fire 10-15-06
Posted On: Oct 16, 2006

Baby bottles blamed for Brockton kitchen fire


By Maria Papadopoulos, Enterprise staff writer

BROCKTON — A pot full of plastic baby bottles on a kitchen stove is believed to have started a kitchen fire Sunday morning in a Silver Road home, fire officials said.

No injuries were reported.

Authorities received a 911 emergency call reporting the fire at 37-39 Silver Road at 8:41 a.m. Sunday, said Fire Deputy Chief Edward Mack.

Upon arrival, firefighters found flames in the kitchen area of a second-floor apartment, Mack said. The fire was contained to the stove area, he said.

“It looks like they were just boiling baby bottles and it looks like they ran out of water,” Mack said. “The plastic bottles ignited and spread into the stove range hood.”

Tenants who were evacuated were later allowed back into the building after the flames were extinguished, Mack said.

Responding to the scene were Squad A, Ladder 1 and engine companies 4 and 5.


Brockton Firefighters Local 144
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

227203 hits since Jan 24, 2006
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image