Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
October 15, 2018
IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Oct. 15 (04:45)

MDA Fill The Boot for MN Wild Games and Muscle Team Gala Invitation
IAFF Local 21
Greenwich Fire Fighters, Local 1042 FIRE OPS 101
UPFFA
August Roussell
IAFF local 1289
Special Union Meeting October 19th - Health Insurance Renewal
Medford Firefighters Local 1431
Friday Update 10-12-18
IAFF Local 1014
Pink Breast Cancer Shirts
IAFF Local 739
 
     
Auna Drive Fire
Posted On: Sep 12, 2007
 

Faulty wiring blamed in Brockton fire


By Maria Papadopoulos, Enterprise staff writer

BROCKTON— A city family was displaced after an electrical fire in their kitchen significantly damaged their Auna Drive home, fire officials said.

No injuries were reported. No one was home when the fire broke out, officials said.

Police and fire officials responded to 29 Auna Drive at 2:30 p.m. Sunday after receiving a 911 emergency call from neighbors reporting a fire on the first floor of the multi-family building.

When firefighters arrived, they had to force the door open and search the apartment since no one was home, Fire Deputy Chief Timothy Murphy said Sunday.

Firefighters smelled smoke and “when they entered the hallway, they got to the door and could feel the heat through the door,” Murphy said.

Firefighters extinguished the flames behind that door within 10 minutes, Murphy said.

Murphy estimated $10,000 in damages to the apartment, whose kitchen was destroyed, he said.

An investigation found faulty wiring near the stove area caused the fire, he said.

Squad A, Ladder 1, and engine companies 2 and 5 responded to the scene, as did Lt. Edward Williams of the city's Fire Prevention Bureau.


Brockton Firefighters Local 144
Copyright © 2018, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

286520 hits since Jan 24, 2006
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image