Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
May 29, 2017
IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: May. 28 (22:45)

LODD Kim West, Nashville Local 140
IAFF 14th District
Grilling Safety
IAFF Local 902
Memorial Day 2017
IAFF Local 902
Memorial Day
IAFF Local 3472
Safety Reminder from MPFFU
IAFF Local 3472
Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
IAFF Local 3472
 
     
Working Fire Box 3411 ***228 Spring Street**
Updated On: Apr 25, 2010
By Amy Littlefield
Posted Apr 02, 2010 @ 12:52 AM
Last update Apr 02, 2010 @ 12:55 AM

Sidney Cooper was at the store when his home at 228 Spring St. caught fire.

He arrived home to find the firefighters battling a blaze that had spread to the roof from his second-floor kitchen.

“It wasn’t the best feeling,” Cooper said.

Cooper owns the home and lives on the second floor with his wife, Cheryl, and his three children. No one was home at the time of the fire, and the first floor of the two-family home was vacant.

A neighbor called the Fire Department about 11:45 a.m., reporting smoke was coming from the house. The Fire Department did not know which neighbor had made the call, Brockton Deputy Fire Chief Mark Baker said.

The fire started in the kitchen and spread to the attic. Firefighters had to knock a hole in the roof to fight the fire. They extended a ladder from one of the trucks to the roof.

Baker estimated the fire caused $50,000 in damage.

Cooper said he was still processing the event Thursday afternoon.

“We just have to wait,” he said. “I haven’t got my head around it yet.”

Squad A, Engine 4, Engine 7, Ladder 1 and Tower 1 responded to the call.

More Information Click Here


Brockton Firefighters Local 144
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

211993 hits since Jan 24, 2006
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image