Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
April 28, 2017
IAFF Local Newswire
 
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Apr. 27 (22:45)

Straight Streams - Summer 2017
IAFF Local 2546
Statement from MFFA President Malone
IAFF Local 1784
Thanks To The Hook And Ladder Sponsors!
Tallahassee Professional Fire Fighters
14th District PEP Training
IAFF 14th District
UNION MEETING REMINDER
Cambridge Fire Fighters
FPPA Pre-Retirement Seminar
Denver Firefighters Local 858
 
     
Auna Drive Fire
Posted On: Sep 12, 2007
 

Faulty wiring blamed in Brockton fire


By Maria Papadopoulos, Enterprise staff writer

BROCKTON— A city family was displaced after an electrical fire in their kitchen significantly damaged their Auna Drive home, fire officials said.

No injuries were reported. No one was home when the fire broke out, officials said.

Police and fire officials responded to 29 Auna Drive at 2:30 p.m. Sunday after receiving a 911 emergency call from neighbors reporting a fire on the first floor of the multi-family building.

When firefighters arrived, they had to force the door open and search the apartment since no one was home, Fire Deputy Chief Timothy Murphy said Sunday.

Firefighters smelled smoke and “when they entered the hallway, they got to the door and could feel the heat through the door,” Murphy said.

Firefighters extinguished the flames behind that door within 10 minutes, Murphy said.

Murphy estimated $10,000 in damages to the apartment, whose kitchen was destroyed, he said.

An investigation found faulty wiring near the stove area caused the fire, he said.

Squad A, Ladder 1, and engine companies 2 and 5 responded to the scene, as did Lt. Edward Williams of the city's Fire Prevention Bureau.


Brockton Firefighters Local 144
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

208402 hits since Jan 24, 2006
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image